About STEM in Education 2014
It is our pleasure to invite you to our 2014 STEM in Education Conference at California State University Dominguez Hills. This year’s theme: Innovating Teaching and Learning: The STEM Approach. Our conference will highlight innovative strategies and best practices for STEM Educators, at all levels, across the state of California.
2014 STEM IN EDUCATION CONFERENCE
Saturday, June 7, 2014 7:00am - 4:30pm
CSU Dominguez Hills, Loker Student Union
In order to participate in the 2014 STEM in Education Conference at CSUDH, attendees must have registered online previously. There will be no on-site registration. Thank you for your understanding.
Our conference is sponsored by the California STEM Institute for Innovation and Improvement (CSI3). The CSI3 houses the math and science teacher initiative projects at CSUDH.
Our conference will focus on innovations in STEM Education. There will be presentations and breakout sessions by expert faculty from CSU campuses, community colleges, and K-12 STEM educators.
Our break-out sessions and exhibits will include:
- STEM Educators interested in demonstrating highly effective teaching practices they currently implement in their classrooms.
- STEM Educators who have successfully integrated technology/multimedia into their lessons or classroom.
- STEM Educators who are successfully integrating math, science and technology in their lessons so that students are experiencing the true interdisciplinary nature of math/science-related fields.
- STEM Educators who have extensive knowledge of the new CCMS and NGSS CA math or science standards to facilitate a small group discussion with teachers of similar grade levels.
- STEM Educators or administrators who have knowledge of finding and successfully applying for alternative sources of financial funding.
We are looking forward to replicating and expanding on last year’s successful conference.
We hope that you and/or your colleagues will attend and extend an invitation to others. We encourage attendance from administrators and faculty from the STEM disciplines in addition to participation from your partners in K-12 and community colleges.
Registration is now open! There are no registration fees for the conference.
Please register by Friday, May 23, 2014 to reserve your seat. For more information please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 310.243.2528.
We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday, June 7th, 2014 at our campus!
2013 STEM in Education Conference Highlights
Over 300 educators from across the state attended the 2013 STEM in Education Conference
Included many interactive workshops featuring topics such as:
- “Music in the math and science classroom”
- “STEM on a shoestring”
- “To the Cloud: An Almost Paperless Classroom”
- “Developing NGSS Lessons”
What attendees said about the 2013 STEM in Education Conference:
"The workshops were very helpful and informative."
"All of the breakout sessions were excellent! I received resources and ideas that I can implement immediately in my work!"
"All sessions were great, well planned and organized."
"Attending the workshops because they were extremely applicable to teaching/learning."
"Workshops on how to teach mathematics and how to make it relevant."
"Great learning opportunities to improve my science instruction."
"Thanks for treating us as high quality professionals. It was nice to be acknowledged."
"The keynote and featured speakers were awesome! Felt very welcome, inspired, and will return next year."
"The conference was great!"
If you have any questions please email us at: email@example.com